Monday 23 June 2014

Singapore 2014

I'm back! I"m back!

I really want to post something straight after exams but it got a bit crazy because there were end of semester celebrations, work and packing as I flew out to Singapore that weekend. Anyway, I'm back. I was in Singapore for only 6 days but it has been over 10 years since i've been there so it was nice to catch up with some family and friends while I was there. It was also great to be in a warm country again. These 5 degree mornings here just don't do it for me! I was having nice 30 degree days in Singapore. Anyway, the main purpose of this trip was just to get away for a bit, do some shopping and eat food. I only took my phone on this trip so I apologise if the quality of the photos are not so good.

Pre-flight instagramming

Day One | Right off the plane and straight to the hawker center for some char kway teow


Dinner that night included chili crab, pepper crab and crispy duck


Day Two | Marina Bay Sands

My cousin and I got to stay one night at MBS and it was one of the highlights of my trip. The view from top of the hotel was amazing and the infinity pool was so luxurious and incredible. We also visited the Gardens by the Bay which was a great way to spend the afternoon and something that I had wanted to do.

Marina Bay Sands

View of Gardens by the Bay from our room

Infinity pool
 Gardens by the Bay:





Shops at MBS

Ice cream break at TWG

Back to the pool




Day Three | Early morning pool time










Dinner at Sushi Tei

Day Four | more food, food, food

Nasi lemak
Dinner with my cousin at his favourite Jap restaurant that has a crazy queue after 6pm. Good thing we got there early!!

Koh Grill and Sushi Bar
Since he knows how much I love cake, he wanted me to try this cake from Antoinette. It was sold out in two stores so we went on a hunt to find their newest store which had one reserved for us. It was definitely worth the wait. We also tried their earl grey macarons which were really nice too. Next visit to Singapore, i'm definitely going to try a few of their other cakes!

Antoinette | Milk chocolate mousse infused with earl grey tea, chocolate biscuit, raspberry coulis, dark chocolate earl grey tea cremeux, earl grey tea crumble
We finished the night off with a trip to the cinema. Since I get no time during the semester to see movies, and because it is so cheap in Singapore (SD$8.50) we went and saw a new movie called Chef - appropriate for the night since all we talked about was food!

Day Five | Singapore shenanigans
I caught up with some uni friends who had arrived in Singapore and spent the day with them. Since they were locals, they took me to a nice brunch place and we found the Magnum Pleasure Store which is a pop up shop where you can customise your own magnum. Since we were so full from brunch, we decided to share. Plus, they are quite pricey at SD$7 each. We had originally wanted to visit the Trick Eye Museum on Sentosa, but since it is quite new, they limit the number of tickets each day and so by the time we got there, they were sold out. We went to the SEA aquarium instead and had a great time looking at all the fish :)

Brunch at Common Man Coffee Roasters

I stupidly ordered a hot chocolate instead of coffee. It was still tastey though

The view of Marina Bay Sands from the Magnum Pleasure Store



Customised Magnum

Off to Sentosa to visit the SEA Aquarium



hehe you can't see it, but that's me!



Day Six | Home
The morning just consisted of roaming the shops for some last minute gifts (Royce chocolates and ham chim peng) and a final bowl of wanton mee with my Uncle. Sad to leave the warm weather and the yummy food (eating ice cream every day) but i'm sure i'll be back soon (hopefully it won't take me another 10 years to get there!!)

Hope you enjoyed this sneak peak into my quick trip to Singapore

xx Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment